BCE has expanded its team of Senior Advisors. Amit Agarwal, Mark Kipphut, Doug Reep, David Ryan, Saurin Shah, and Jeff Tounge all strengthen BCE’s strategy and industry expertise and bolster our ability to serve corporate and private equity clients.
Amit Agarwal, Automotive & Manufacturing
- Amit Agarwal specializes in business strategy and execution, new business development, and integrated business planning. He has in-depth background in market segmentation, price optimization, and financial and operational analysis.
- Prior to joining BCE, Amit was with Bridgestone for over 21 years where he held various strategic and BD roles of increasing responsibility across the organization’s multiple business units. Most recently he was the director of Global Ag Strategy and Planning for Bridgestone’s farm tires, where he was responsible for the development and implementation of strategic growth and partnership initiatives for all of Bridgestone Ag.
Mark Kipphut, Aerospace & Defense
- Prior to joining BCE, Colonel Mark E. Kipphut, US Air Force (ret) worked for Raytheon, first serving as the Director of Strategy for Raytheon Missile Systems, Tucson, Arizona, managing overall domestic and international growth strategies and product portfolios, including overseeing new business investment accounts and projects. In 2010, Mark relocated to Texas to become the Program Director, Tactical Intelligence Systems, responsible for leading a $300m annual sales business for Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services, Garland, Texas. His primary contracts were with the United States government including, the Director of National Intelligence, United States Air Force, and United States Army.
- Before his time at Raytheon, Col Kipphut served globally for almost 30 years in the United States Air Force as a command intelligence officer at all levels of operations, from tactical to strategic. He directly participated in Operations Desert Shield/Desert Storm, Operation Southern Watch, Joint Forge, Allied Force, Operating Enduring Freedom, and Operation United Assistance. In his last assignment, he served as the Director of Intelligence, Pacific Air Forces (PACAF), Hickam AFB, Hawaii. Prior to that, he served in several O-6 command and staff positions in the United States, Europe, and the Middle East.
Doug Reep, Technology & Industrials
- Doug Reep specializes in technology and business growth strategies, where his emphasis has been on effective management to support business growth. Dr. Reep previously led Research for Qorvo’s Infrastructure and Defense Products. Concurrently, he led government liaison activities, serving as Qorvo’s spokesperson on federal regulatory compliance and security. Before that, he served as senior director of Strategy and Business Development for TriQuint Semiconductor’s Defense and Aerospace business unit, where he was responsible for organic and inorganic growth strategies.
- Previously, in a career that spanned almost 30 years at Lockheed Martin and its predecessor companies (Martin Marietta and GE Aerospace), he held various technical and executive positions, gaining experience in airborne, ground-based, missile, and naval radar, EW, RF and AESA technology, and achieving the rank of Vice President of Technical Operations. He was directly involved in various mergers and acquisitions, as well as anti-trust activities.
David P. Ryan, Healthcare & Technology
- David Ryan specialises in helping technology-heavy health and life sciences firms create category-defining platforms that scale. David is an outspoken advocate worldwide on the transformative power of telehealth, AI, and the unexpected opportunities in an aging world. As the pandemic hit, he predicted that telehealth would ‘save healthcare’ and called on industry to ‘save telehealth’ post-pandemic. He has served on the boards of Consumer Technology Association Health & Fitness Division, HIMSS’ Personal Connected Health Alliance, the Global Coalition on Aging, the Alliance for Connected Care, and the American Chamber of Commerce China Health Cooperative. He is a senior advisor with the American Telemedicine Association as well.
- Prior to BCE, Dave led Intel’s Health & Life Sciences global business unit where he created double-digit growth, sponsored a dozen strategic equity investments, and spun out two remote healthcare ventures. He pioneered the company’s novel Health industry response to the pandemic and is recognized by colleagues, partners, and customers alike as a servant leader who engages teams around common goals with passion and audacious purpose. He draws international insight from first-hand experiences in more than 65 countries throughout his 14 years in Health/Life Sciences leadership. Dave redefined his career around digital health change agency after a tragic family medical experience, and after 20 years leading creation and launch of new compute platforms at Intel and IBM.
Saurin Shah, Healthcare
- Saurin Shah specializes in medical devices and associated care pathways.
- Prior to BCE, he was with Medtronic for 13 years, where he held various leadership roles in the Cardiac Rhythm Heart Failure (CRHF) business. While at Medtronic, he successfully led the assessment, acquisition, and integration of Corventis, followed by the establishment of commercial and support organisations to scale the monitoring business globally. Prior to that he was Senior Director of Global External Diagnostics responsible for working with the international business leaders and their teams to understand barriers in their respective markets and lead development and commercialization of ambulatory cardiac diagnostics products and solutions.
Jeff Tounge, Energy
- Jeff Tounge is a senior advisor to BCE Consulting’s energy clients focused on strategic planning, business development, marketing, and negotiations.
- He is the founder of Newline Energy, a development firm focused on natural gas infrastructure and energy projects. With over 10 years of energy industry experience, he has held several senior and executive level positions focused on project development, sales, and commercial implementation for mid-market energy companies across upstream, midstream, and downstream business units. Mr. Tounge spent several years developing LNG and CNG projects throughout the U.S. and Canada. Additionally, he has operational, logistics, and sales experience working with large utility, industrial, and institutional clients.
- Prior to his energy experience, Mr. Tounge spent six years in the U.S. Army as a Field Artillery Officer. Mr. Tounge earned his undergraduate degree from the United States Military Academy at West Point and his MBA from the University of Oklahoma with an Energy concentration.